Nowadays when it comes to designing a business website, there is a lot to consider but actually you are not sure how and when to get started.Across the globe, this has been the most debated topic. What to choose, WordPress or HTML?
If you too are confused as to which platform is better to build your site on, keep reading to find all the answers.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS), which allows you to manage your website through a user-friendly interface. You can easily create, manage and modify website specific using admin area which is specifically designed to be user friendly. The best part of WordPress is that you don’t need to understand coding or be a coder to start using it.
A global survey was conducted which revealed that more than 30% of all the websites on the internet use WordPress, thus making WordPress the most well-known CMS in the market.
“WordPress now powers more than 25 percent of the web,” according to Venture Beat.
Now that you know what WordPress is, let us tell you why it is so popular among the masses.
- Easy to update: You can simply login to your WordPress site and create new pages without paying a bomb of money to your developer. WordPress is quite easy to use and has an intuitive user interface, which makes it easy for you to create and update pages on your own site.
- Build any kind of website you want: When talking about WordPress, the first thing that strikes your mind is blogging. But apart from that WordPress is capable of doing much more. From social networks to business websites, you can virtually build any kind of website using WordPress. Even some of the most brands like Bata, Xerox, Sony music website are powered by WordPress.
- Themes gallery to choose from: WordPress has a gallery of themes, or in better words we can say that its an ocean of themes. Based on your needs, you can select the theme you like. There are certain themes that allows the user to import a sample website and make the text changes in order to further ease the process of designing.
WordPress theme such as Proteus Themes, makes the process a lot easier by bringing you high-quality premium themes at affordable prices.
- Easy SEO implementation: Here, in WordPress you can easily optimize your website pages and content for search engines.
One of the most prominent plugins for SEO optimization is Yoast. It lets you take control on the SEO settings. Further, It lets you set Keywords which helps your site appear when someone searched for it in indirect manner.
You can check the Yoast plugin’s details and can buy it here.
- Customize the website design: There are great page building plugins which allows you to customize the look and the perfect feel of your website design through WordPress, without having to edit your theme files or type any code, as I said earlier you don’t need to be a coder here.
- A good future proof: your WordPress website will stay relevant and deliver even better quality in the future as well.
WHY NOT WORDPRESS?
Besides many advantages of WordPress, there are a few disadvantages too of using WordPress:
- Learning curve: WordPress is quite easy to use but when it takes a while for most beginners to get familiar with the software.
- Maintenance and updates: you are responsible for keeping WordPress, updates, and installed plugins. Instead You can also use managed WordPress.
- Low Requirements: HTML websites don’t need servers with PHP or MySQL installed on them. HTML websites can run on cheap servers too.
- Low maintenance: you don’t have to install or updates your website on a regular basis. You can just backup your websites once and forget about it.
- Full control: when using HTML for your website, you get to control nearly everything on your website.
WHY NOT HTML?
Besides these advantages HTML has few disadvantages like:
- 1.High costs: cost doesn’t come lightly here. Even the smallest tasks require experts to perform it. Typically, this is the main reason, the cost of the HTML website could get much higher than a simple WordPress website.
- Difficult for beginners: If you are a beginner and don’t understand how to use HTML or CSS, then your website is going to be very hard to update. Even little tasks on your site are going to be hard.
HTML OR WORDPRESS
So far you know the basic difference between these two giants. Each CMS has its own pluses and minuses. But which one to choose certainly depends on your actions on your website in the long run. If you are certain that you will never want to update, change, or add anything new to your website, then by all means go for a HTML website as it is faster and will definitely serve your purpose.
For those who want to grow their business to make you more money, then WordPress is probably the best one and obviously the better choice. Using WordPress, you can add content to your website without hiring anyone as well as you can create as many pages as you need at any time. If you don’t want to waste your money on monthly retainers paying developers for your own task to be done, then WordPress is the best choice.
Whatever you choose, WordPress vs HTML, choice is yours. Choose the better way to go and definitely the best one which will meet your requirements further.
Stay tuned to know more about websites. Read our other blogs here.
By Neha Sharma